craft crave

CraftCrave Paper, Hybrid, Digital Scrapbooking and Craft Freebies, Tutorials and Challenges

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 19, 2018

Revisiting an Old Favorite

It has been a long while since I published here.  Let's just say that taking on a new career with all that involves while still working in your current career doesn't leave a lot of time for art...even if your main gig is as an art teacher!  So while putting away the Christmas regalia I stumbled upon one of my first paper bag books.  It may even be my favorite one!  You will have to check back to see that one though as I haven't time tonight to photograph it.  So I will appease you with another Paper Bag book I worked on over Christmas.

My theory behind these books is to show life as a living art.  I use copies of my family photos(ironically none in this one!).  Sometimes of my vintage family photos mixed in with ephemera old and new, ribbons, papers, what ever.  I arrange and rearrange until I have the right "feeling".  Not very scientific or easily taught...it just has to feel right.








No comments:

Post a Comment